Information For All Members
The Gaming Guide to the Galaxy aims to be a friendly and safe place for all of its members. We boast a large number of channels meaning there is something for everyone from topical chats to memes, please feel free to use all the channel – if there is a channel missing then let us know and we’ll consider adding it. Added channels are monitored and if not used they are removed (with the exception of the main channels).
General Discord Rules
- Be Kind. Don’t go out of your way to offend anyone or be aggressive. We are very diverse, let’s be proud of that!
- Keep the profanity to a minimum, no unnecessary rudeness. Swearing is fine, as long as it’s not directed to someone as a way of being offensive.
- No porn, nudes, hentai (especially the tentacle kind). Just keep it clean.
- Feel free to post any work you do (YouTube, Instagram, etc.) in the #share-your-work channel! Try to share other people’s stuff too – it’s only fair!
- Absolutely no advertising except where explicitly allowed, if in doubt ask a mod. (i.e. You can post links to your works in #share-your-work, but only things you have made)
- Don’t abuse the @everyone tag. It’s annoying!
Voice Channel Information & Rules
The GGG community loves nothing more than a good evening of banter so we like to make sure there are enough rooms for all purposes. Please find more information below.
- This voice room is for any and all members. If you are using this channel please be aware that members can enter and leave at any time.
- Please be polite and respectful
- Do not live stream while in this channel, people in there may not want to be heard on your stream
- These channels are for community members who wish to use a voice channel while live on stream
- Do not enter these channels without prior invitation
- Please respect the streamer and their channel – streamers please feel free to report unwanted activity to a member of the mod/admin team
- As the community grows more Community Live channels will be opened where needed
Chammy, MrTogatsu & VirtualWombat Live
- These channels are locked to everyone except the mod/admin team and are used by Chammy, MrTogtsu and VirtualWombat
- They are generally used during Friday night community nights
- To be brought into the channel please sit in the Waiting Room until you are pulled in
- If the streamer is welcoming people in on a non-community night then you may nudge them that you’re in the waiting room but if they do not please don’t bug them to be moved in
- These rooms are reserved should members need a safe place to talk about any issues
- Please do not enter these unless you have permission from the members in the channel
Information For Streamers
Firstly, we are not a streaming community. We have no future plans to arrange raids, create stream teams or anything you associate with your average streamer community. The majority of the admin team already have very busy lives so cannot commit to anything of that nature. That being said, we do try to support streamers the best we can so class ourselves as a streamer-friendly community; we have to be with the admin team all being streamers.
We try to keep conversations about streaming to the “streamer-chat” channel due to the nature of the community. We have members who have no interest in streaming so we don’t want to alienate them from conversations. We understand that streaming does slip in to conversations now and again but for full-blown streaming conversations please hit that specific channel.
Using GGG as your base Discord
Because of our kind-hearted nature, we decided to open up the community to all streamers who wish to use it. We understand that for some people, running their own Discord is a lot of work – this is how GGG originally formed! So, if you’d like to use this community as your stream community base then you are more than welcome to. There are Community Live voice channels, for this reason, so you can have a voice channel to chat with your viewers. Simply grab a link to the Discord (make sure it’s set to not expire) and use it to invite your viewers here; add it to your panels or chatbot – we are working on getting a panel image set up so you can use that once it’s ready (it’ll be below).